Saturday, July 28, 2007

Daddy

Daddy

10 minute Play
Character Breakdown
CHARACTERS
BOBBY- A young man home from military school
GENEVIEVE- The oldest sister. Sickly.
CLARISSA- The youngest sister. Deeply creepy. Has a headless doll.
NARRATOR-On the mike
MOTHER- A rather dim little girl of a woman
Synopsis
After Daddy’s death the creepy secrets seep out.
Production History
Daddy was Produced by Three Card Monty as part of 14/48 in 2005
Selected Excerpt
MOTHER
At night he’s so quick, like a jack rabbit. I think it’s nice that he just gets it done. He doesn’t muck around with a lot of wet stuff like in those silly movies. He’s efficient. Sometimes I don’t even notice. I go right on eating chocolates or reading my ladies home journal and boom he’s all done. Zipped up and asleep. He makes noises like a kitten while he sleeps. It hurts my ears. So, a lot of times while he’s sleeping I’ll pinch him hard under the armpit. Pinch and twist. And he’ll stop making those noises. We’ve been married for thirty seven years. I always said I’d marry a man named Harold and I just went right ahead and did.

No comments: