Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bertie Black

Bertie Black

10 Minute play
Character Breakdown
2 Men
1 Woman

Bertie Black A high School Senior wearing a big shoe and a pantsuit.
Coach Snelll A High School Coach
Kyle Pimmons The Star of the team.

Synopsis
Misfit gets no revenge. There is no justice.

Production History
Bertie Black was produced by Three Card Monty as part of 14/48 in 2006.

Bertie
Mister Snell, in gymnasium class when we play baseball, Kyle Pimmons hits me in the back of the head with the ball, and when we play volleyball and soccer and even umm when we went bowling, he hits me in the back of the head with the ball. And because of my disability Mister Snell it makes me pee.
Mister Snell
What?
Bertie
I’m sorry. It makes me urinate. If I get hit in the back of the head, it makes me urinate. Because, when I was born, I was born with all of my insides on the outside of my body. And they had to scoop them back in. Plus, give me some chimpanzee parts. it’s not my fault. When my Momma was pregnant with me she didn’t know that she couldn’t huff the glue and suck the whip cream chargers.

No comments: